Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Inspiring The Future

"Anything you can do, I can do better" was my motto growing up. Also running along the lines of inspirational quotes was the big winner "Girls rule, Boys drool". I've aways looked up to actresses and female athletes because they prove that women can be some boss as* b*tches. After becoming very interested in Israeli culture, I went further to see what the amazing women of Israel had to offer. 

One specific female that specifically drew me in was someone who showed me that really anything is possible with the right amount of dedication and perseverance. Not only did Inbal Pezaro compete in the Paralympics paralyzed in her lower limbs, but she continued on and won four silver and four bronze medals. Of course I can't completely relate to Inbal, but I can understand where she's coming from regarding limitations due to something you can't control. 

I was diagnosed with a heart condition a couple years ago that causes a combination of an intensely high heart rate and abnormal low blood pressure. I only recently was able to receive medication that allows me to engage in sports and exercise normally. Prior to my medication, I was allowed a limited amount of physical activity, which included limited time to play lacrosse. Inbal inspired me, however, to not let something out of my reach get in the way of everyday life.

Read the rest of Inbal's accomplishments (I highly suggest it)

No comments:

Post a Comment